Congratulations on your Element node purchase and welcome to the blockchain!
You will need one (1) instance of the Element node software online using a computer or VPS (Virtual Private Server) for each Smart Node purchased. For every 100 Lite Nodes, one (1) instance of the Element node software needs to be online using a computer or VPS.
The following links will take you to instructions on how to set up your node software, as well as minimum requirements for your computer.
- Minimum requirements for nodes on a personal computer.
- How to for using Block Fabric.
- How to for using Digital Ocean.
- How to for using Linux (Ubuntu)/Vultr.
- Command lines for node installation.
Currently, hosting nodes on a Windows operating system is not available. For more questions about getting started see our Node Onboarding section of the FAQs.